The Bournemouth One News Centre
All the news you need for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole with travel information and national headlines.
-
Ice creams sold every 12 seconds in BCP
Nearly thirty thousand ice creams and lollies were sold along the BCP coastline in just four days. BCP Council recorded twenty eight thousand, eight hundred and seventy four sales at its seafront kiosks during a period that included A Level results day. That works out at roughly one ice cream or lolly every twelve seconds, as residents and visitors spent time beside the sea during sunny weather. Councillor Andy Martin said the figures showed people continued to enjoy Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole’s beaches, open spaces, cultural attractions and heritage. Performances are also continuing in Bournemouth’s Lower Gardens this week, with four acts appearing between Wednesday and Saturday.
-
Poole set for Seafood and Sounds return
Seafood and Sounds returns to Poole next month with 2 days of music, food and activities. The festival takes place across Poole Quay, the Old Town, High Street and several other locations. More than 60 independent traders will join seafood stalls, cookery demonstrations and 40 music acts performing each day across 9 different spaces. Families can enjoy entertainment, an Oyster Trail and circus workshops, while Brownsea Island holds a Community Open Day in partnership with the National Trust. An opening parade through the Old Town will begin the weekend on Saturday morning.
-
Poole Civic Centre sale talks still ongoing
Talks are ongoing to allow Poole Town Council to use part of the former Poole Civic Centre. Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council is discussing retaining a section of the Grade-II listed building, which has been empty since twenty twenty-two. The sale of the building is expected to deliver annual savings and help protect frontline services. The town council hopes to use the retained area for meetings and community events.
-
Fernhill residents lend a hand at farm
Fernhill residents spent a day helping at High Mead Farm, their chosen charity this year. The group from the Longham dementia care home explored the gardens, met the animals and relaxed over packed lunches before helping with work around the farm. Residents planted radish, spinach and mixed salad leaf seeds, while the animals prompted memories of pets, gardening and experiences from earlier in their lives. Pauline Oliver remembered a guinea pig she once owned, while Vivienne Marlow enjoyed returning to vegetable planting and getting her hands muddy again. The home says the visit helped residents remain involved in their community while supporting the farm’s ongoing work.
-
Boscombe’s Urban Reef joins Boathouse Group
Urban Reef has joined the Boathouse Group as its latest coastal venue on the coastline. It now sits alongside The Boathouse, Sobo Beach and Beach House Cafe, with its new owners planning to retain the established team while developing the venue. The menu has been refreshed around fresh produce from local suppliers, with small plates, seafood, chicken, lobster, wood fired pizzas and desserts among the options. Live acoustic music will take place on Sunday afternoons, while DJs will perform on alternating Saturday evenings throughout the summer. The group says it wants the food, service and atmosphere to meet the expectations of longstanding customers and first time visitors.
-
First hosepipe ban in 50 years for Wessex Water
A hosepipe ban begins across the Wessex Water region just after midnight on Tuesday. The restrictions follow record breaking heatwaves, below average rainfall and unusually high demand, with more hot weather expected and no significant rain forecast. Customers must not use hosepipes to water gardens, wash private vehicles, fill pools or clean domestic windows, paths, patios and other outdoor surfaces. Essential household use is unaffected, while watering cans, water butts and buckets filled for washing cars can still be used. Exemptions apply to customers with certain mobility needs, medical conditions and other specific requirements.
-
£1,000 grants open for Christchurch projects
Christchurch Town Council is inviting voluntary and not-for-profit groups to apply for its Community Grants Scheme, which offers up to one thousand pounds for local projects. The scheme supports a wide range of initiatives, from youth and wellbeing activities to environmental and heritage projects, aiming to benefit residents and strengthen community life. Applications will be judged on community need, value for money, and positive impact, with a focus on inclusion and supporting vulnerable people. Interested groups can find details online, with applications closing in late September twenty twenty-six.
-
AFCB says sorry for email sackings
AFC Bournemouth has apologised for the way it communicated changes to long-serving matchday workers. Emails told some people their contracts would not be renewed for the new season, including one person who had worked on matchdays for almost sixty years. The club says the communication fell below its expected standards and it is now contacting those affected directly to hear their concerns and review their individual circumstances. Changes have been made to several matchday roles and working requirements as AFC Bournemouth seeks to strengthen safety and security at the stadium and in surrounding areas. The club accepts it should have handled the changes better and has thanked those who served for decades.
-
Behind the barricades: Video shows what’s happening on the A31
New footage shows the damage and continuing emergency response along the A thirty one in the New Forest. The road has been closed since a vehicle fire on Sunday the ninth of August, with more than thirty emergency response vehicles now parked along road. Fire engines, police cars, ambulances and incident response vehicles can be seen beside rapid response tents, portable toilets and large water pipes. The footage also shows burnt sections of the central reservation, missing roadside fencing and scarred areas of the carriageway following the fire and emergency operation. The video showing the current scene is available to watch on Bournemouth One’s Instagram account and website.
Local News
-
Bournemouth Pier repairs to be reviewed
-
BCP rejects free rooms for town councils
-
Wessex councils seek mayoral authority
-
Hamworthy Park play upgrade starts soon
-
Bournemouth club plans artificial pitch
-
More family hubs to open across Dorset
-
Dorset support fund opens for households
-
Dorset housing strategy heads to Cabinet
-
Public car parking plan for Bournemouth
-
Exercise studios plan set for decision

Launch date set for Bournemouth’s brand new radio station!

